Something for the Kids!
Are your 7-13 year old kids enjoying their swimming at the pool? Why not extend their skill range and confidence in a safe and fun environment with the OceanKids – coming to a beach near you this summer.
The OceanKids is a 200m Ocean Swim which caters to children capable of swimming 200m or more in the pool. What better way to encourage your children to have fun and be safe in the ocean than being surrounded by their peers and inspiring life guards.
What’s in it for the kids?
- Confidence in the ocean
- Ocean Swimming techniques
- Satisfaction and achievement
- And most importantly, a lot of fun!
Are your kids advanced swimmers? We’ve got something very special for them to strive to achieve. The Jetstar Super Swim Squad is a truly ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity for the age group winners at each of the OceanKids events. Read more below.
What will your kids receive as part of their entry?
- A fun 200m OceanKids ocean swim race supported by Surf Life Saving New Zealand
- An Ocean Swim Series race pack with goodies
- An OceanKids Finishers Certificate when they cross the finish line
- OceanKids medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd boy and girl in each of the 3 age categories (Under 10 year olds, 10 & 11 year olds, 12 & 13 year olds)
- The first boy and girl in each of the 3 age categories (Under 10 year olds, 10 & 11 year olds, 12 & 13 year olds) also win a spot in the Jetstar Super Swim Squad! Read more about this below.
Important Event Information
|Paihia, Bay of Islands||Sat 28 Nov 2015||11.40am||Enter Now|
|Oriental Bay, Wellington||Sun 31 Jan 2016||12.00pm||Enter Now|
|Corsair Bay, Christchurch||Sat 13 Feb 2016||9.40am||Enter Now|
|Blue Lake, Rotorua||Sun 28 Feb 2016||1.25pm||Enter Now|
|Main Beach, Mt Maunganui||Sat 12 Mar 2016||11.10am||Enter Now|
|Takapuna Beach, North Shore City||Sat 2 April 2016||11.15am||Enter Now|
Jetstar Super Swim Squad 2015/2016
The fastest boy and girl in each age group race (Under 10 year olds, 10 & 11 year olds, 12 & 13 year olds), at each OceanKids Swim Series event, will form the Jetstar Super Swim Squad and win a once-in-a-lifetime experience – a weekend squad camp in April 2016 with New Zealand’s best swimmers including travel and accommodation, special surprises and specialist swim clinics!
Each Jetstar Super Swim Squad member will also receive exclusive squad gear and become role models for other young swimmers and their communities.
Check out the highlights from last season’s Jetstar Super Swim Squad Camp:
Entry Fees and Conditions
To enter, all kids must be between 7-13 years of age as of the day of the event and be capable of swimming 200m competently in a pool.
Click Here to see current pricing.