Something for the Kids!
Are your 6-10year old kids enjoying their swimming at the pool? Why not extend their skill range and confidence in a safe and fun environment with the State OceanKids – coming to a beach near you this summer.
The State OceanKids is a 200m Ocean Swim which caters to children capable of swimming 200m or more in the pool. What better way to encourage your children to have fun and be safe in the ocean than being surrounded by their peers and inspiring life guards from Surf Life Saving New Zealand.
What’s in it for the kids?
- Confidence in the ocean
- Beach Safety knowledge and skills from a 30min safety session
- Ocean Swimming techniques
- Satisfaction and achievement
- And most importantly, a lot of fun!
Are your kid’s advanced swimmers? We’ve got something very special for them to strive to achieve. The Jetstar Super Swim Squad is a truly ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity for the age group winners at each State OceanKids events. Read more below.
What will your kids receive as part of their entry?
- A State Ocean Swim Series race pack with a State beach towel and other goodies
- A State OceanKids Finishers Certificate when they cross the finish line
- A State OceanKids group photo with elite swimmer and Surf Life Saving New Zealand (downloadable from this page after the event)
- State OceanKids specific medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd boy and girl in each of the 3 age categories (Under 8year olds, 9year olds, 10year olds)
- A fun 200m State OceanKids ocean swim race supported by Surf Life Saving New Zealand
Important Event Information
Download OceanKids Photo
|Paihia, Bay of Islands||Sat 22 Nov 2014||11am|
|Oriental Bay, Wellington||Sun 25 Jan 2015||12.55pm|
|Akaroa, Christchurch||Sun 15 Feb 2015||11am|
|Main Beach, Mt Maunganui||Sat 21 Mar 2015||12.15pm|
|Takapuna Beach, North Shore City||Sat 18 April 2015||2.50pm|
Jetstar Super Swim Squad 2014/2015
The fastest boy and girl in each age group race, at each State OceanKids Swim Series event, will form the Jetstar Super Swim Squad and win a once-in-a-lifetime experience – a weekend squad camp in April 2015 with New Zealand’s best swimmers including travel and accommodation, special surprises and specialist swim clinics!
Each Jetstar Super Swim Squad member will also receive exclusive squad gear and become role models for other young swimmers and their communities.
Entry Fees and Conditions
To enter, all kids must be between 6-10 years of age as of the day of the event and be capable of swimming 200m competently in a pool.
Click here to see current pricing