At last, a race for the kids!
Kiwi kids love to spend the summer at the beach, so it’s wonderful that now they too can participate in ocean swimming events – one of New Zealand’s fastest growing sports. The State OceanKids event has now grown to a great 40 minute session packed full of fun activities designed to give your kids key water safety messages and teach them valuable ocean swimming techniques.
The 30min Beach Ed session will be led by our incredibly respected Surf Life Saving New Zealand crew and supported by an Elite ocean swimmer who will take the State OceanKids through special pre-race ocean swimming technique demonstrations. What an event! Everyone is a ‘winner’ just for completing the swim.
After a successful first two years, the great partnership with Jetstar to bring you the Jetstar Super Swim Squad continues with even more value for the lucky winners. Read more about this amazing squad further down this page.
What will your kids receive as part of their entry?
- A State Ocean Swim Series race pack with a State beach towel and other goodies
- A State OceanKids Finishers Certificate when they cross the finish line
- A State OceanKids group photo with elite swimmer and Surf Life Saving New Zealand (downloadable from this page after the event)
- State OceanKids specific medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd boy and girl in each of the 3 age categories (Under 8year olds, 9year olds, 10year olds)
- A fun 200m State OceanKids ocean swim race supported by Surf Life Saving New Zealand
Important Event Information
Download OceanKids Photo
|Paihia, Bay of Islands||Sat 22 Nov 2014||11am|
|Oriental Bay, Wellington||Sun 25 Jan 2015||12.55pm|
|Akaroa, Christchurch||Sun 15 Feb 2015||11am|
|Main Beach, Mt Maunganui||Sat 21 Mar 2015||12.15pm|
|Takapuna Beach, North Shore City||Sat 18 April 2015||2.50pm|
Jetstar Super Swim Squad 2014/2015
The fastest boy and girl in each age group race, at each State OceanKids Swim Series event, will form the Jetstar Super Swim Squad and win a once-in-a-lifetime experience – a weekend squad camp in April 2015 with New Zealand’s best swimmers including traffic and accommodation, special surprises and specialist swim clinics!
Each Jetstar Super Swim Squad member will also receive exclusive squad gear and become role models for other young swimmers and their communities.
Entry Fees and Conditions
To enter, all kids must be between 6-10 years of age as of the day of the event and be capable of swimming 200m competently in a pool.