Wetsuits are fantastic for ocean swimming. They provide buoyancy which means they help you float and use less energy in the water which will in turn help you swim for longer. Wetsuits are optional for our swim events.
HUUB’s aim is to create better products by combining research, science and reality. HUUB has 4 decades worth of experience gained in the field of endurance sports (yes, they’ve done the miles, but still have the passion!). Focussing wholly on the athlete and maximising performance and comfort, HUUB explore both the odd and the conventional to create the best. They are not slaves to fashion, but to form, fit and performance.
HUUB Wetsuit Hire
To enquire about hiring a wetsuit for an event email our wetsuit and swimwear partner HUUB
HUUB Product Sales
A selected range of HUUB wetsuits, swimwear and swim accessories can be purchased in all event entry forms. HUUB’s full product range is also available to view and purchase through a dedicated online store.
Choosing a wetsuit:
- A good wetsuit will allow full range of motion in the shoulders, chest, and legs while providing maximum buoyancy. When you float higher in the water, you will go faster and save energy
- Swim Wetsuits and Surf Wetsuits are completely different. Swim Wetsuits are thinner in the shoulders and knees, so are more flexible and easier to swim in. Surf Wetsuits are designed to keep you warm, so are thicker therefore making it harder to move and often are too buoyant to help you swim effectively
- Wetsuits should not be loose, they should be quite tight and are often a work out just to get on!
- It is important that you practise swimming in the ocean in your wetsuit before event day, this will help you adjust to the different feeling of swimming in a wetsuit and help you feel more confident and relaxed before your swim
- Lube is very useful for areas prone to rubbing like your neck and shoulders